Tuesday, March 8, 2011

That's why his blood tastes so good on pancakes...

Week 6

In drawing this week we are starting a new assignment. We are doing a "translation" drawing (which means that we have to take material that has already been produced by a source like the media and use it in an artistic sense. However, the subject of our piece has to revolve around the current protests pertaining to Scott Walker's proposed bill to try and amend the state deficit. Which is going to make this an extremely difficult project for me.

To be perfectly honest. I really don't like the thought of politics. By nature I try to avoid confrontation, conflict, and competition by any means necessary. This of course opens up a whole new "can of worms" per say that I really would not rather discuss because my thought process really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to even me sometimes. But in short, if I could "create" a perfect world, politics would not exist, and everyone would have a comfortable financial situation where there would be no competition for jobs and problems would rectify themselves through some kind of divine intervention. The world would live off of rainbows and unicorn farts.. yeah I get it.. I'm a childish dreamer.

Anyways my recent acquisition Orthomyxoviridae (yay... flu) has rendered me useless for the last week. And it's still somehow managing to kick me to the curb. So after some reading to catch up on the articles and powerpoints assigned on Thursday....

My knowledge of the project so far makes me immediately want to do a project about expressing my disinterest or dislike in politics, or figure out a way to express my confusion over the issue. I'm still trying to think about how I'm going to use already rendered media to express my point, but I did find an article that was a satire on this whole issue called "Protesters Protest Protesting of Protesters Protesting Protest." I'm not sure why, but I really feel like I want to use this as my project title. It's quippy, accurate, and falls right into place with how I'm feeling about this project.

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way as far as not liking confrontation or politics at all. I like that you decided to turn that into a piece about confusion because many people are in the same boat. This is a very confusing issue and many people are not as informed as they should be about it. I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete